5 Things to consider when selecting a Bible By Chris Sealey on June 21, 2020, at 1PM (EDT)
Discover the importance of selecting a Bible version. Discover the history of the Bible’s path from Hebrew (Old Testament) and Greek (New Testament) manuscripts to English. Review the various Bible versions to discover why so many and understand their differences. Learn five (5) things to consider when selecting a Bible version.
– Taught by Chris Sealey
You go to your local bookstore or check online for a free version of the Bible, you’re faced with hundreds of choices. You feel overwhelmed. Who knew there were so many versions of the Bible? How do you choose a Bible? What’s the difference between all these translations? Why are there so many? Does it matter which Bible version I use?
Join Chris Sealey for this inspiring and informational live-Bible study as he answers those questions and traces the history of the Bible from its original manuscripts, Hebrew (Old Testament) and Greek (New Testament), to English. He also provides five (5) things to consider when selecting a version of the Bible.
June 21, 2020, at 1:00 PM (EDT)
Duration: 1 hour
(45-minute presentation and 15-minute Q&A)
- Discover the importance of selecting a Bible version
- Trace the history of the Bible’s path to English from its original manuscripts
- Understand why there are so many English versions
- Learn what are the Apocrypha books and why they are not in the Bible
- Learn the various translation techniques and how they resulted in so many English versions of the Bible
- Learn the translation techniques used in popular versions of the Bible, for example, King James, New King James, New International Version, Amplified Bible, Clear Word, Message Bible, etc?
- Compare several Scripture verses from various versions of the Bible to see important differences
- Learn five (5) things to consider when selecting/purchasing a Bible
This is a live instructor-led course, structured with a 45-minute presentation from Chris Sealey, Christian author and speaker, and 15-minutes of Q&A from the attendees.
Over the years, he has allowed the Lord to use him in service in several different areas of ministry, some of which include: Head Treasurer, Finance Committee chairman, stewardship leader, and ordained elder. He serves as the Dean of Academic Programs for HopeLives365 Online University.
God used him as the stewardship leader to motivate, admonish, and encourage the members of the many congregations to a renewed commitment to all aspects of stewardship, including sustained double-digit year over year growth in tithing and freewill offering. Here is what one of his former pastors had to say about his ministry in the Lord:“The content, in his books, is not only about the philosophy of stewardship. It explains time tested strategies, methods, and principles Chris employed as a treasurer, finance committee chair, church board member, elder, and disciple in the church of God.” – Dr. Neil Reid, Ministerial Director, Georgia-Cumberland Seventh-day Adventist Conference
- A computer, laptop or mobile device with good internet access
- Please have a pen and a piece of paper with you in order to take notes
- Need more information …