Tithing and the New Testament Believer-Part 1 By Chris Sealey
Review the history of tithing in the Old Testament. Learn how many different tithes are recorded in scripture and which one was designated as sacred or holy by God. Learn the reasons why God established each of the various tithes.
– Taught by Chris Sealey
Many Christians belief that tithing was only done in the Old Testament and thus it shouldn’t be a part of a believer’s life in modern times. In this two-course series, Tithing and the New Testament Believer-Part 1 and Part 2, Chris Sealey searches all of Scripture to see what it has to say about tithing and more importantly, our heart.
In this course, Tithing and the New Testament Believer-Part 1, you will:
- Review the history of tithing in the Old Testament
- Learn how many different tithes (Malachi 3:10) are recorded in scripture and which one was designated as sacred or holy by God
- Learn the reasons why God established each of the various tithes
- Discover the recipient(s) for each of the tithes
- Discover which of the tithes the giver/individual was allowed to keep (Deuteronomy 14:26) and for what purpose(s)
- Discover which of the tithes was allowed to be donated to charity
Over the years, he has allowed the Lord to use him in service in several different areas of ministry, some of which include: Head Treasurer, Finance Committee chairman, stewardship leader, and ordained elder. He serves as the Dean of Academic Programs for HopeLives365 Online University.
God used him as the stewardship leader to motivate, admonish, and encourage the members of the many congregations to a renewed commitment to all aspects of stewardship, including sustained double-digit year over year growth in tithing and freewill offering. Here is what one of his former pastors had to say about his ministry in the Lord: “The content, in his books, is not only about the philosophy of stewardship. It explains time tested strategies, methods, and principles Chris employed as a treasurer, finance committee chair, church board member, elder, and disciple in the church of God.” – Dr. Neil Reid, Ministerial Director, Georgia-Cumberland Seventh-day Adventist Conference
Submit your review
I thought I knew all about tithing but learned some new information. I highly recommend this course. I am looking forward to part 2 when it becomes available.