5 Steps to Becoming a Highly Effective Lay Preacher – Step 2
Learn the characteristics and purposes of five different sermon types and how to unleash the power that is in the Word of God.
– Taught by Pastor Mark Finley
What Will I Learn?
- The characteristics and purposes of (5) different sermon types
- Which of the five sermon types is one of the most powerful and effective forms of preaching and why
- Which of the five sermon types is one of the weaker forms of preaching and why
- How to let the Bible text speak
- How to unleash the power of the Word of God
- Three (3) things that make Seventh-day Adventists sermons unique
- The importance of making an appeal in a sermon
- What is programmed non-response and how it impacts an audience’s response to sermon appeals
- Additional lessons from biblical examples of Jesus’ preaching and teaching
This course will enable pastors, teachers, and church leaders to understand the importance and power of preaching, to develop an awareness of true biblical preaching, and to receive practical guidance for preparing dynamic biblical sermons.
“We preach not only what we study, but we preach what we are.”
Pastor Mark Finley
The lesson includes the notes from Pastor Mark Finley’s presentation, which are available for you to read online and also to download.
NOTE: To complete this course you will be required to take a brief, computer-graded, quiz to test your understanding of the material presented by Pastor Mark Finley. A score of 70% or higher is required to pass and receive your digital certificate of completion.
*** Enroll in all five courses (Step 1, Step 2, Step 3, Step 4 and Step 5) in the 5 Steps to Becoming a Highly Effective Lay Preacher series and become a dynamic and highly effective lay preacher.
Evangelism is where he made his mark on the world, presenting more than 200 evangelistic campaigns around the globe in about 100 countries with the resulting baptisms numbering in the thousands. His best-known association is as a television speaker for the series Experience Hope a weekly broadcast of the Hope Channel; for 20 years as speaker for the It Is Written telecast; and he became a pioneer of satellite evangelism technology when he launched the first NET evangelism satellite series broadcast in North America in1995, and again in 1996, 2000 and 2008. He has preached more than 20 NET series broadcasts throughout the world with millions in attendance.
- You may enroll in this course, but we recommend you first complete: 5 Steps to Becoming a Highly Effective Lay Preacher – Step 1 before starting this course
Submit your review