Digital Badging Program
Revolutionizing how learning is credentialed
HopeLives365 Online University’s Digital Badging ProgramHopeLives365 Online University has partnered with Badgr, a global leader in digital credentialing services to educational institutions (e.g. Wharton/University of Pennsylvania, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University of Texas, Arizona State University, Ohio University, Newcastle University, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Microsoft, etc.), to implement this exciting program offering digital badges to learners who successfully complete a set of criteria based on specific learning objectives/outcomes. A digital badge has four (4) very appealing characteristics for our students:
- It is shareable. Recipients can share their accomplishments on their social media accounts, for example, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- It is verifiable. A pastor, elders, and others in leadership at the local church can easily verify the badge for its authenticity (e.g. the issuer is HopeLives365 Online University) and the criteria that were achieved (e.g. the student successfully completed all of the Search for Certainty Bible study lessons with above-average assessment scores). Things you can verify and explore in a badge:
- Details about the organization issuing the badge
- What the individual has done to earn the badge
- The criteria that the badge has been assessed against
- That the badge was issued to the expected recipient
- The badge earner’s unique evidence (optionally included)
- When the badge was issued and whether it has expired
- It is secure. Counterfeit badges are easily recognized. It’s unique to the recipient.
- It makes learning fun again. For all the reasons above, PLUS you set personal goals you want to achieve and get rewarded as you go with our digital badges/credentials.
A desire accomplished is sweet to the soul … (Proverbs 13:19 [NKJV])HopeLives365 Online University’s digital credentials are hosted by a third party, Badgr, and are verifiable, secure, portable, and data-rich representations of earned certifications. Each digital badge, issued by HopeLives365 Online University, has a unique URL associated with the learner’s profile and credentials. The learner can choose to share this URL on his/her social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.), attach it to an email signature and add it to a personal website. Equally important, Badgr provides a FREE service that enables verification, for example, by a local pastor or lay leader that the credentials were indeed issued by HopeLives365 Online University. If someone, other than the legitimate recipient, were to copy the badge URL, it would be unverified and rendered invalid. HopeLives365 Online University’s digital badges increase confidence and credibility in your earned credentials because anyone, anywhere in the world, can quickly and easily verify their legitimacy and origin – and they can’t be faked. Visit our digital badge display page to see a list of badges that you can earn as you continue to grow in grace and the knowledge of God’s word with HopeLives365 Online University’s inspirational courses. Below are links to some important information on using the Badgr platform:
- Sharing badges on Badgr
- Managing your Badgr account
- Sharing badges on social media
- Badgr tool to verify a digital badge(s) issued by HopeLives365 Online University