Should Christians Celebrate Christmas?
By Mark Finley
Discover from the scriptures answers to questions related to Christmas, its celebration and the birth of Jesus on December 25th.
– Taught by Pastor Mark Finley
Christmas is celebrated every year on December 25th by millions of people around the world. Christians and non-Christians alike fully embrace the holiday season, observing many of its traditions, such as Christmas trees, mistletoe, Santa Claus, and of course gift giving. Many ask if the Bible offers any insight into whether or not Christians should celebrate this holiday. In this course Pastor Mark Finley searches the scriptures and the writings of inspirational educator, Mrs. Ellen G. White, to find answers to questions related to Christmas, its celebration and the birth of Jesus on December 25th.
During this course you will get answers to the following questions:
- Why and when did people start celebrating the birth of Jesus?
- December 25 – is it true that this is not likely Jesus’ actual birthday, but the date of a Roman pagan festival in the fourth century?
- Do you think the birth of Jesus deserves such a worldwide celebration?
- Is Christmas taught in the Bible?
- How much of what we know about Christmas is tradition and how much comes from the Bible?
- By celebrating Christmas, is the church teaching a tradition?
- Is Christmas a pagan holiday?
- What should I tell my kids about Santa?
- Are we deceiving our children by letting them believe in Santa Claus?
- Christmas trees – are they pagan symbols?
To complete the course, you are required to take a short quiz to test your understanding of the material Pastor Finley presented.