Introduction to Discipleship Training
Learn how a successful Discipleship program addresses two challenges facing every church: 1) members leaving the church through the proverbial back door, and 2) members becoming complacent.
– Taught by Pastor Jim Howard
What Will I Learn?
- The key components in establishing a successful Discipleship Training and Evangelism program in your church.
- The importance of preparing the soil of the heart, planting the seed of God’s Word, cultivating spiritual interests, harvesting decisions for Christ, and preserving the harvest with ongoing discipleship.
- How to identify discipleship mentors and incorporate a process that provides oversight and accountability for them
- The key concepts covered in the second edition of the Discipleship Handbook, recently re-published by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventist
- Additional information from his responses to questions, from the audience, related to the application of discipleship training in the local church
- The success of the Manchester South Seventh-day Adventist Church in implementing a discipleship program using the Discipleship Handbook co-authored by Pastor Jim Howard
“Change church members from being consumers to being producers; train them to become soul winners.”
Pastor Jim Howard
NOTE: To complete this course you will be required to take a brief, computer-graded, quiz to test your understanding of the material presented by Pastor Jim Howard. A score of 70% or higher is required to receive your digital certificate of completion.
** The live event was recorded at the Living Hope Seventh-day Adventist church in Haymarket, VA and may be subject to Copyright protection.
Submit your review
This course on the “Introduction To Discipleship Training” presented by Jim Howard, was fast-paced and informative. You had an option though, to pause the video portion for further review. This course provided me with biblical tools associated with 5 steps towards ongoing discipleship within and out of the church community. This is also a structured introduction to the Discipleship Handbook which is offered to continue this process. I also enjoyed the live audience interaction towards the end of Jim Howard’s presentation. This interaction helped stimulate my own thoughts on the subject of implementing discipleship.This course is well worth the more than affordable price. If you have a burning desire for soul winning, this course is a great introduction!