Destiny and Decisions Part 1-5 for Ages 9-13 Years (Grades 4-8)
By Dr. Sandy Doran
Destiny and Decisions Part 1-5 is a set of five (5) mini-courses for ages 9-13 years (Grades 4-8). These mini-courses lead ages 9-13-year-olds to make relevant and personal applications of Revelation’s messages to their lives today. Through everyday stories of interest to children, Dr. Doran holds her class captive as she leads them to Jesus. Within a grace-filled context, students grasp the heart of the Three Angels’ messages and understand God’s loving purpose in providing the warnings in the Bible’s last book (Revelation).
Destiny and Decisions Part 1-5 is made up of five (5) mini-courses:
- Destiny and Decisions Part 1. The Judgment: A Reason to Give God Glory
- Destiny and Decisions Part 2. Creation: A Reason to Give God Worship
- Destiny and Decisions Part 3. Babylon Has Fallen: A Reason to Break from Crowd-Think
- Destiny and Decisions Part 4: The Mark in the Head and Hand: A Reason to Follow Christ Now
- Destiny and Decisions Part 5: Patience and Faith: Jesus will See Us Through
In Destiny and Decisions Part 1, students will:
- Realize the magnitude of the imperative to take the gospel to the whole world
- Grasp the importance of the first half of the First Angel’s message in Revelation 14:6-7
- Mark the significance of Christ’s roles as both lawyer (advocate) and judge in the final judgment
- Discover how other students in their age group, from around the world, feel about the final judgment and Christ’s role in salvation
- Accept themselves as forgiven and covered by the grace of Jesus
- Understand that Jesus is the only fair and true judge
- Deepen their sensitivity toward others and resist the temptation to criticize or judge
About the instructor...
Within the educational arena, she has taught on every level from pre-school through college, held top administrative roles in four schools, and worked as Associate Superintendent of Education for the Florida Conference for 15 years. Most recently, she served as founding head of North Tampa Christian Academy, creating an innovative environment for project-based learning.
Dr. Doran holds a bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education from Atlantic Union College, a master’s degree in religion and communication from Andrews University, and a doctorate in special education from Boston University. She currently serves as Curriculum and Creative Director of Three Angels for Kids.
Submit your review